The lists of things we need to do to achieve any particular goal are endless.
But – it is just as important, if not more, to avoid those things that might derail your efforts.
There are many influences that make it more challenging to be healthy, wealthy, and wise. Avoid these taboos in any way possible:
Follow the road of least resistance and make life easier by avoiding these things that make it so much more difficult:
- Avoid processed food. There is more than enough to eat that occurs naturally ‒ and the organic version is even better. Stick to fresh fruits and vegetables, include unprocessed beans, and eat rice, quinoa, nuts and berries to name a few examples. An unhealthy diet causes health challenges that are staggering.
- Avoid debt as far as possible. Debt is bad on many different levels – not only for your bank account, but also your mental health. Owing money creates financial challenges which can lead to unnecessary stress. If you want to be wealthy and happy, be wise – avoid debt.
- If you are in debt, start paying it off. Make a few sacrifices to speed up the process. Do you really need that new washing machine?
- Stop sitting or lounging around. Spending too much time sitting down causes a much higher risk of a wide range of health problems. Spend more time standing than sitting. Park further away than the closest spot to the entrance and walk a bit. Think of getting a desk designed to be used while standing. And if you have to work sitting down, at the very least get up and walk around for a few minutes at least once every hour (join your colleagues for a short walk when they take a smoke break.)
- Get some sleep. Sleep deprivation is bad for your health, bad for your mood, and bad for productivity. Change your schedule so that you get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Don’t lie around mindlessly watching TV – go to bed. A short nap – or “power nap” never hurt anyone, either.
- Try to get to bed at the same time every night. Aim to turn the light off at least 7 hours before the time your boss forces you to get up anyway.
- Avoid getting too heavy. Most people eat too much processed food, especially fast food, sit around most of the day (even when working), spend hours on the couch in front of the TV in the evening, snack in between meals (and late at night) and don’t get enough sleep. This causes obesity, including diabetes, respiratory issues, heart disease and a host of other health issues. Make time to remain slim and trim. And get off your butt…
- Avoid anger. It’s not just anger – any negative emotion can get the ball rolling, causing all kinds of issues. Fury, hate, anxiety, resentment, bitterness, sadness and many other negative emotions are hard on the human body over a long period. They’re not good for your sense of well-being either.
- Avoid feeling lost. Make sure you know what it is that you want. Make sure you know what is important to you. Make sure you have goals. Choose a course for your life. Choose how you want to live. Just imagine where you might end up without a direction and purpose?
- Stop wasting time. Time is like a flowing river – once it has passed, it is gone forever. Most of life anywhere in the world is a trap that takes its toll on your happiness and success. Wasting time is the easiest thing to do, but carries a high price. Just think of some of the countless ways to waste this precious commodity without accomplishing anything. Watching TV, surfing the internet, feasting on fast food, playing video games, spending your hard-earned money in bars, forwarding and texting all kinds of mostly useless information, jokes and cartoons… these are just a few examples. Imagine what you could accomplish if you just stopped wasting your time and started using it wisely.
- Never fail to grab an opportunity to learn something new. No-one is too old to learn. With the internet there has never been more information so freely available, and most of it is free. Keep your mind active by making an effort to learn something new every day. This will also increase your knowledge in general, giving you something to apply in multiple areas of your life.
- Avoid making the same mistake. We all make mistakes, but most people make the same mistakes again and again. Learn from your own mistakes, and learn form the mistakes other people make. Then, be determined to never repeat a mistake. You will make more mistakes, otherwise you are not trying hard enough, but don’t make the same mistake more than once. You went through the agony of making the mistake. Face it, learn from it, and avoid it next time around. It will make life that much easier.
Life is difficult enough without making it harder than it absolutely has to be. Avoid whatever makes life more difficult.
In a nutshell:
- Eat well and go slow on fast food;
- Stay away from debt – especially personal debt;
- Use your time wisely – don’t take on too much and avoid spending time mindlessly (TV, internet, online games, etc.), and
- Never repeat a mistake- learn from it, but don’t allow yourself to fall into the same trap again.
If you could just stick to these four things, wouldn’t your life be much easier? This is an excellent foundation to become healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Motivational Wallpapers To Help You Keep On Track
Complete this form and we will send you 3 Motivational Wallpapers
You will also be added to our Wealth Insights Newsletter. We value your privacy and would never spam you