Every day you wake up, is another opportunity to be great! So, take advantage of that and be great every day! You’re probably already on board for that, but it isn’t that easy, is it?
Here are 4 easy steps to make the most of any situation and becoming great on a daily basis:
- Decide what is important and focus on that. The easiest way to produce a little bit of greatness every day is to focus on the things that are most important to you. The longer you do things that are counter-productive, the less time you’ll have to do the things that really matter.
- Before starting something, ask yourself just how important it is. Will doing this make a difference to you or someone else? Is it necessary for something that does make a difference? Will it help you achieve something that really matters?
- Don’t use your current mood to judge what you think is important.
- Save ten minutes every day to unwind and just do absolutely nothing. The rest of your day should be spent on something productive.
- Get big things out of the way first. Once you have decided what is important, tackle the biggest first. Smaller tasks also produce greatness, but if you focus on small accomplishments all day long, you won’t have much time or space for the big ones that have the greatest impact.
- When you get two or three big projects done in one day, you’ll have more than enough time and space in between to squeeze in the smaller ones. My dad used to say if you want something done, give it to someone who is busy. Before you know it, your day will be full of greatness!
- Don’t settle for “just okay”. Don’t accept mediocrity! There is absolutely no space in your life for anything less than just the best. Focus on that and you’ll see how easily you will keep on setting high standards for yourself, and keep on until you have reached them.
- Develop the patience you need and rather scrap an unsatisfactory project that settling for second best. It will prove to be much better in the long run.
- Remind yourself that you will feel many times better about a job well done by starting over rather than settling for second best.
- Make an impact on the lives of others. A good way to see if you are producing greatness is to look at the impact you have on the lives of others. Are your actions significant enough to leave a lasting impression?
- If it is, you have done a great job and should feel extremely proud.
When you let yourself embrace the changes that will allow you to produce greatness, you’ll quickly realize how challenging it is to produce anything else.
Later, it will be virtually impossible to do work that is “good enough” and average.
Follow these guidelines and you will soon be in a position to look forward to amazingly satisfying days of nothing less than greatness as that will be all you will be able to produce!
Every day, you will realize that you’re really making a difference.
That will allow you to rest well at night, knowing that the next day will be even greater!
Motivational Personal Reflections
Complete this form to get two motivational reflections
You will also be added to our Wealth Insights Newsletter. We value your privacy and would never spam you