Like Forrest Gump’s mama always said: Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re goanna get…
Yes, life has its ups and downs, yet, like Forrest and many before and after him, it is quite possible ‒ even easy ‒ to live a life full of wonders where you start each day full of excitement about the new day.
And when you have fulfillment in your life, you have happiness and hope while you are filled with optimism about your future.
But, what most people don’t realize, is that you have the choice to live such a life… or not!
Just like Forrest ran until he was free of the shackles that held him back, here are some tips you can try to break free and discover your own enriching life:
- Get used to being comfortable with taking the next step and making that decision. Are you looking up at making decisions? In that case someone else will make the decision for you, and in that event you might not be all that happy with the outcome as you would have given up your own power to make that decision yourself. Step up to the plate and make that decision!
- Take ownership and refrain from having to say you’re okay with anything. Stick your hand out and pick the chocolate you want ‒ make that choice!
- Sometimes it will be just fine to go along with your peers or seniors in certain cases, but sometimes you will just have to take action yourself and decide what it is you want. Then, make it happens!
- Don’t lie to yourself. You can lie to everyone else, but not to yourself. And only when you are honest with the person in the mirror looking back at you, only then will you be able to be honest with others. Think about the components of your life. Do you have time for yourself, or are you consumed by work? Do you have time for friends and family and loved ones, or do you spend it all on hobbies and other interests?
- Be true to yourself and evaluate the road you want your life to follow. That will help you become more focused and motivated to realize whatever it is that you want.
- Tell the world and be honest with your loved ones and trusted friends about what you are trying to accomplish. Always follow your dreams!
- Face your fears and conquer them. Being scared can prevent you from trying something new. Stop being negative. Stop worrying! Doing something different will help you learn apart from giving you joy. Go out and do something new to help you enrich your life by trying something for the very first time.
- Never hold a grudge. Hatred and bitterness can tie you down and prevent you from living a positive life. You might feel ill feelings towards someone protects you from them, but negative feelings like that will simply weigh you down.
- Holding a grudge is not about someone else did or didn’t do ‒ its all about you and how you feel. Stop dwelling on the past ‒ let it go and look up and look forward.
- If there is something you want, take a deep breath and go for it. Wealth and riches won’t rain down on you by itself. Don’t just sit on the sidelines and think something out of this world is going to fall into your lap. Get up and discover your passion! Step into the game called life and start going after your dreams.
- Open your arms for the uniqueness and freshness that life presents.
- Give 100% and stick with it. If something is holding you back, figure out what is preventing you from following your dreams and reaching your goals. Become fully dedicated and do what needs to be done to overcome those obstacles. Decide on something, commit to it and, just like Forrest that started running, put in every effort to go all the way. You might just experience something great and memorable.
- What about a new sport or exercise ‒ you always wanted to, but were fearful of trying it? I’m not necessarily talking about strapping on a ‘chute and jumping out of an aeroplane, but there is no time like the present to join the local swimming club or ‒ like Forrest ‒ start running.
- Remind yourself that you can do it. Remind yourself that you are totally able to do it because you are willing to give it everything and stick with it.
The only person that can transform your life into whatever you want it to be, is you. Dig deep and find some courage, because it is within you. Find your sense of adventure, and take these simple rules, because you can create a fulfilling life that you’ll enjoy each day!
Refelctions On Happiness
Complete the form and we will send you 2 self reflections on happiness!
You will also be added to our Wealth Insight Newsletter. We value your privacy and would never spam you